12.16.2011

Some Southern Comfort

Well, I'm a Cali girl born and raised so I honestly don't know much about soul food or comfort food or anything in the South but our friends invited us over for brunch a few months ago and among the many dishes he served, one of them was Sausage and Biscuits.  I instantly fell in love and decided that I had to attempt this plate and so I did.  I have now made this dish twice which means this recipe is a keeper.  It takes about an hour to complete and doesn't require many additional ingredients aside from the typical spices that you should already be stocked with.  The two times that I have made this, I cheated and used pre-made biscuits that you pop into the oven for 10 minutes but I'll give them a shot from scratch some time soon.  The buttermilk biscuit recipe is also on the same page as the sausage and biscuits, so enjoy.  I must admit, this has been one of my most proudest and most delicious dishes so do give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment