10.02.2011

All You Need is Jack

Jack Daniels, that is.  Before I slathered some original Jack Daniels BBQ sauce all over the rack of ribs, I marinated the meat with some salt, pepper, seasoning salt, dried oregano, and dried parsley.  This ended up being pretty important to have both a dry rub and the BBQ sauce cuz it gave it an extra yummy kick once you licked all the sauce off!  The meat was also really nice and juicy which I realized was because I wrapped the rack in foil otherwise it would eventually dry up in the oven.  About 1.5 hours into the cooking, I unwrapped it from the foil then let it continue sitting for another 30 minutes, so approximately 2 hours total.  Perfect time and perfect marinade which got me the thumbs up to make this dish again!  We added a side of broccoli and potato salad for a delicious Sunday dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment